The Meta Party - Search Engine Optimisation
Welcome to The Meta Party - We are a young firm of Search Engine Optimisers and Web Accessibility Consultants. We produce many a free article, one of which can be found below.

Welcome to my world

I got quite a shock today when I was asked to go to the Internet World conference, in London, next week and man the SEO stand for two days. Jinkies. Lets just hope I know my stuff; either that or lets just hope I can wing it for that length of time. The new firm spent the afternoon go-karting. It was my first time and quite a blast. There were three heats, two semi-finals and a final. For the first two heats I was under the illusion that placement meant nothing and that it was only lap-time that counted towards your position on the leaderboard. By heat three I had realised my mistake but still only managed to finish fourth (out of six) as I had in the first two heats. In the semi-final it was do or die. Nine of us lined up on the grid and set off at the green light; within seconds I was at the back of the pack. But I had tactics on my side. I knew that with so many drivers it was only a matter of time but they wiped each other out and allowed me, Wario-like, to slip-by. Sure enough, on the first tight bend, three karts were involved in a slightly sticky accident and I, having hung back, slid by to take sixth place. Having held my position for over a lap and a half I gained sufficent ground on racers four and five so that when they crashed and burned (quite badly actually - a head on collision) I, again, slid by to take fourth place. Pedal to the metal I raced flat-out for another few laps till I was, not only secure in my fourth position but also, hugging the rear of the third-placer. It was no good; I couldn't get passed. Try as I might there was no room for me to move. Lap after lap I tried to over take but all to no avail. Then, as we neared the finishing post (literally as we were within 20 feet of the thing), my rival took the bend wide and began to slow down - clearly happy with his third place result. But the race was not over. The finishing line was still to be crossed. Slamming my foot on the accelerator and steering my cart to the inside track time appeared to slow. Foot by foot. Inch by inch. I began to claw it back, until... BOOM ... third place! Won by a nose. What a driver I am. What a maneouvre that was. What a nice way to spend a Monday afternoon.

You have been reading Welcome to my world which was posted on Monday, June 06, 2005.
This is one of many SEO Articles that we ( The Meta Party ) produce almost daily.
If you'd like to read more about this fine web design and search optimisation company, you can read about our services here .. alternatively if you'd like to replicate or syndicate this article you can do so via our ATOM XML feed [?]; Although, it should be noted, this SEO Articles is licenced under a Creative Commons Share and Share A-like policy.

Comments: Post a Comment

We don't hide text and you shouldn't either