The Meta Party - Search Engine Optimisation
Welcome to The Meta Party - We are a young firm of Search Engine Optimisers and Web Accessibility Consultants. We produce many a free article, one of which can be found below.

When in Wales

Girlfriend Clare & I went down to Rhyll (in north Wales) to see my buddy Ben today. He showed us 'round his new flat (which was extremely homely - much more so than my house), introduced us to some of his friends, introduced me to a new fad and took us on a wonderful drive around north Wales - stopping off at a very pleasant pub on the way. But Im already getting ahed of myself. So, soon after arriving we went down to a quiet alcove of Rhyll beach to watch a few of Ben's friends battle with their new 4 metre stunt kite. I was instantly hooked. The power of the wind was dragging the... errmm .. kite-controller across the sand. At times they were able to actually take flight if the wind caught the sails in such a way - bounding across the dunes like jackrabbits. Within about ten minutes I was at the helm of the beasty. For the first minute or so I controlled it expertly, Clare later told me that the term 'natural' was even bantered about by the onlookers, but then a sudden gust of wind lifted me off the floor and, all I remember, slammed me down into the sand about 10 feet away. Lying on my back, concussed but in good humour, I still had control of the kite in the air above; its immense force still pulling on my now weary forearms. Approximately six/seven minutes of hand to kite battle followed; the kite, victorious thanks to mother nature's unceasing gusts and thermals. Heading back to the camp I was exhausted. With sand covering almost every square inch of my body I collapsed sat back down next to Clare and tried to recover. I had a distinct taste of iron in my mouth and developed a cough which felt as though it rumbled each time I breathed in/out heavily (needless to say I've already consulted my doctor). After a bit more banter, of which I partook little due to my state, we said our goodbyes and Ben drove us into the hills for lunch. Having been fed, watered and had a chance to change my tops so the sand stained 'I heart NY' tee was now hidden beneath a black vest tee, I began to feel better and it was time to start the tour. Ben drove us over to Swallow falls, a beautifull waterfall located just outside Bets-Y-coed. Having walked a little down river we paddled in the icey cold fresh water and skimmed a few stones before returning in a leasurely fashion to the car. We then took 'the scenic route' through Bets-Y-Coed and Snowdonia back to Rhyll and back to chez-Ben. Clare and I were both exhausted but piled back in our car determined to make it back in time for a late dinner with the cats. Needless to say, I've already started researching what looks to be a fantastic new hobby - what with me living 5 minutes from a windy, invarialby empty, beach.

You have been reading When in Wales which was posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005.
This is one of many SEO Articles that we ( The Meta Party ) produce almost daily.
If you'd like to read more about this fine web design and search optimisation company, you can read about our services here .. alternatively if you'd like to replicate or syndicate this article you can do so via our ATOM XML feed [?]; Although, it should be noted, this SEO Articles is licenced under a Creative Commons Share and Share A-like policy.

Comments: Post a Comment

We don't hide text and you shouldn't either