The Meta Party - Search Engine Optimisation
Welcome to The Meta Party - We are a young firm of Search Engine Optimisers and Web Accessibility Consultants. We produce many a free article, one of which can be found below.

Humbridge

On my way out of the office tonight I stopped by the desk of my 'equivalent' for the travel team; I head up the insure team. He'd started his ILM course today. This was the training they'd been promising for months & months. The training I never thought Id see and, ironically, the training I never will; at least, not at this place. So we talk a little and then he makes an off-the-cuff remark that festers with me until I get in my car for the drive home
I've been trying to drum up interest for your role on my team but you've put everyone off it
Bullshit! (I exclaim whilst gripping the steering wheel a little too tightly) If anyone has been put off the role its because the role itself is rubbish. Had someone have told me, like I tell whoever asks me nowadays, that you will not get a chance to develop code, you will not be given training for the role, you will be poorly paid (considering you manage seven developers), you will manage a team of developers responsible for very little actual new development and the commercial and administrative pressure is immense; I would have thought twice about excepting it aswell. I look over occaisonally at the Analyst Programmers on a splinter team of my overall team (did I mention the hierarchy was a little messed up?) and think of where Id be had I have taken that role instead? Developing new and exciting code all day. Very little Commercial pressure. Very little administration. But thats something which I can move on from in time (read nine days). So have I put people off of the role? I don't think so. Im simply telling the truth. Besides which, he (mr.equivalent) can hardly talk. If anyone has been shouting from the roof-tops about how dissatisfied and unfullfilled they are its him ... anyway ... Im clearly still not quite over it so Im going to recouperate over a vege tikka massala.

You have been reading Humbridge which was posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005.
This is one of many SEO Articles that we ( The Meta Party ) produce almost daily.
If you'd like to read more about this fine web design and search optimisation company, you can read about our services here .. alternatively if you'd like to replicate or syndicate this article you can do so via our ATOM XML feed [?]; Although, it should be noted, this SEO Articles is licenced under a Creative Commons Share and Share A-like policy.

Comments: Post a Comment

We don't hide text and you shouldn't either