The Meta Party - Search Engine Optimisation
Welcome to The Meta Party - We are a young firm of Search Engine Optimisers and Web Accessibility Consultants. We produce many a free article, one of which can be found below.

The Best Man's Speech

Crikey - what a day that was! Mart's big day was lovely. A beautiful church service, a nice wedding reception and, thankfully, the weather held up. As the Father of the Bride concluded his spech I could feel myself getting warmer and warmer - the persperation starting to collect on my forehead. Then it was Mart's turn. As he rambled on for about six minutes I could feel myself getting increasingly more and more uncomfortable; especially a he was starting to use some of the lines Id planned for my new Best Man's speech. My original speech had highligted some funny stories about Mart but finished on a pleasant toast to the Bride and Groom. As the day wore on I started mentally changing the speech to be shorter and more concise so by the time it was my turn on the microphone (infront of the hundred strong reception party) my speech was about one minute long and contained three jokes (one of which I forgot to use and one that was picked up by only a few people) and segments were repeated from the Father of the Bride's speech and the Groom's speech. So, in summation, it didn't go well. But once it was over and we'd moved away from the top-table I started to feel much better. So much so, in fact, that the rest of the night was wonderfull; talking to friends, talking to strangers, dancing with Clare and drinking copious amounts. Actually, having met so many nice people I was wondering whether I should invest in some business cards? I know the Japenese are big on business cards and I can certainly see their appeal. Having spoken to dozens of people last night I would have liked to offer the olive branch of further contact on several occaisons but no-one ever has a pen and beer-soaked memories at close to midnight are not to be trusted.

You have been reading The Best Man's Speech which was posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005.
This is one of many SEO Articles that we ( The Meta Party ) produce almost daily.
If you'd like to read more about this fine web design and search optimisation company, you can read about our services here .. alternatively if you'd like to replicate or syndicate this article you can do so via our ATOM XML feed [?]; Although, it should be noted, this SEO Articles is licenced under a Creative Commons Share and Share A-like policy.

Comments:
Update:
You know what would be good, would be a business card styled like that of Wil E. Coyote. Im sure his business card just listed his name and his title was "Genius"
 
Post a Comment

We don't hide text and you shouldn't either